The origin of Castle Donington College can be traced back to 1911, when it opened its doors to children on 9th January, in what is now St. Edwards Primary School. It had only 216 children on roll (which rose to 224 by February) taught by four members of staff.
Liaison between Castle Donington School and its feeder schools (Kegworth, Breedon, Long Whatton and Hemington) began around 1930, a good relationship that has strengthened over the years and continues to this day. The school was re-designated as a secondary modern school in 1944, following the Education Act and educated children from age 11 to 15. Five years later a ‘House System’ was introduced (Castle, Cedar and Key). In 1957 the school moved to the existing building and by the end of 1959 was firmly established, with over 430 pupils on roll and well set for the future.
From September 1967, the school became a High School as part of the ‘Leicestershire Plan’. Under this scheme, pupils intending to stay on at school until the age of sixteen, transferred to Burleigh College in Loughborough, at the end of their third year.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.